← 10 Sites that are Perfect for Tweens
10 Things YouTube Could Do To Be More Family Friendly →
10 Reasons Twitter Has Become Intolerable
If you are a fan of Twitter, you already know the benefit of being able to communicate with all your followers from one single page. However, if you are like some out there, you may find that Twitter has really become intolerable, leaving many social networkers in search of a better scene online, many times migrating to sites like Facebook. Why has Twitter become so intolerable? Well, there are many people that either have found the new interface to be frustrating and simply stop using it, while others may have grown tired of the infamous celebrity feuds that continue to litter the network. If you are interested in finding out just why the network is no longer all the rage then here are 10 reasons Twitter has become intolerable:
- Updates on Irrelevant Thoughts. ĎKimFields84 is thinking of a stupid songí. If you are like many, this is just so irrelevant it just doesnít matter to anyone, and has no purpose for being on anyoneís page. Why anyone cares is not only the issue, itís why anyone would even put this posting up, which is most of what you see on Twitter.
- Fake Celebrities. If you are looking for a celebrity, talking to some Joe Nobody isnít the most thrilling experience. Unfortunately, when it comes to Twitter you will find more fake celebrity accounts than with any other social network, often leading fans to the wrong locations and following the wrong person, which has become one of the most intolerable aspects of Twitter.
- No Real Communication. Yeah, Twitter is great for finding updates about people, but who cares? There is no real communication found within Twitter, as many people arenít even aware of whether or not the message is going to be seen. Not to mention, you have to search through a list format for the messages you do have.
- Incomprehensible Jargon. Twitter is unlike any other social network and often the format creates jargon that those who arenít frequent users just may not even understand. There are still people that donít know why a message follows or ends with @soandso, which is why Twitter is just becoming an intolerable nuisance online.
- Celebrity Feuding. These are the most infamous of Twitter conversations, and for many they are just intolerable. Who cares if one celebrity stole anotherís husband? You find out in all the gossip magazines anyway, so why make Twitter a central hub for all this drama? Celebrities are constantly arguing, trashing others, and even starting gossip through Twitter.
- Too Many Kids for Adults. While adults would love to hit up Twitter, there are so many kids on the network littering the network with childish things that arenít embraced as well within the older groups. Most adults are trying to avoid the younger generation online, which is why many are finding Twitter more than unbearable
- Too Many Promotions and Spam. What makes up Twitter today is a mass of communication that most times is some sort of promotion or spam. People will literally follow you just to send you these promotions and all the spam, giving you a great deal to filter through when you are looking for legitimate messages.
- Hard for Newbies to Grasp. When you are new to a social network, you are expecting to learn how to maneuver around and communicate fairly easy. However, with Twitter, you are left with a blank page and a bunch of nothing to help you learn the lingo and the right netiquette for the social network communications. This can not only be frustrating, but is a great reason why many people just donít use Twitter.
- Ridiculous Content. The content that goes through Twitter is really intolerable in most cases, talking about things that you just generally wouldnít speak of. The one to two sentence posts are really nonsense in many cases, and leave you wondering why you are even on the network at all.
- Nothing to Do. When you are on other social networks, you have apps galore. With Twitter, you really have nothing to do but look at your followers and what they say, then reply and go on about your day. While this may be cut and dry, there is still just nothing for Twitter users to do.
For so many people, Twitter can just be too intolerable to deal with, while others still find it a useful means of communication. By all means, there are great ways you can use the social network, but for many people FaceBook is where itís at.
Tweet This Buzz This Facebook Stumble This
← 10 Sites that are Perfect for Tweens 10 Things YouTube Could Do To Be More Family Friendly →